Monday 15 June 2015

My Solo Spring Craft Show

A friend of my husband once asked me why I didn't join a craft show held by the local craft community instead of holding a solo craft show. Well, there are some strong reasons as to why not.

First of all,  in a group exhibition each participant is allocated very small space to exhibit their works. Therefore, I can't exhibit all my works due to this limited space. Secondly I prefer doing it by myself since I can set the date according to my timetable. As a part time English instructor I have a weekly teaching schedule that often changes from time to time. So holding a solo exhibition sounds perfect.

I held my exhibition in April so I simply called it a Spring Craft Show.

For this show, I had prepared, of course, loads of tsumami kanzashi and tsumami zaiku. I had also made crochet jewelry! Yes, I've been taking up crocheting since last winter (see My First Crocheted Pieces). I especially like crochet jewelry.

The exhibition went well. I sold about 10 or 12 tsumami kanzashi and tsumami zaiku and some jewelry. But I don't think I can do this craft show too often I think. The amount of time to prepare is just too much plus I had to pay extra for renting the room. However, it doesn't mean I won't do it again. I will, but not in the near future I think.






And these are my crocheted jewelry. I couldn't make a lot because I didn't have enough time to do it. I'm planning to sell some of these pieces on etsy. I will write it on my post when I do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment