Friday 2 May 2014

Yellow Daffodils and Lavender Mauve Burgundy Plum Blossoms Bridal Headpiece

I have completed more bridal headpieces. My inspirations were cute daffodils and plum blossoms. As for colors, I picked yellow for daffodils and lavender, mauve and burgundy for the other headpieces. And oh, peach! I love peach color!

I'd been living in Japan for almost 5 years but I just saw daffodils in person this summer. That's quite embarrassing, yes I know. What can I say? I'm a not that observant I guess. Anyway, I used vintage kimono that I'd bought from an online shop selling kimono cuts. Tangerine toned plum blossoms seem to go well with the soft yellow daffodils. The leaves are off chirimen. Then I attached the bouquet on a metal hair comb.

This is how the headpiece looks like on hair.

Yellow Daffodil and Tangerine toned Plum Blossoms
My next headpiece is slightly bigger that the previous one. Combining lavender, mauve, burgundy and a bit of gold. But I thought these colors were a bit too cold, so I decided to add one flower made of saree silk of warmer colors. For the leaves, I chose batik. So you can say that this headpiece is an eclectic kanzashi!
Stalks for the bases of the flowers
Petals ready to be assembled
And this is the completed headpiece.

Colorful Spring Flower Bouquet Lavender Mauve Gold Tsumami Kanzashi Hair Comb Headpiece

I took 2 pictures on how the headpiece could be worn. I don't know which one is better. I liked both. But I decided to pick the first to be one of the pictures I uploaded on Etsy.



Last but not least, burgundy and peach floral headpiece. I like the combination of elegant burgundy and cheerful peach. All of the kanzashi flowers here are made of vintage kimono, except for the leaves. They're of batik.

Colorful Flowers Peach Burgundy Tsumami Kanzashi Hair Comb


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the useful information to my vision. bridal headpieces sydney this is excellent information,.

    ReplyDelete