Tuesday 21 June 2011

夏 Summer in the new house ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

This is my second summer in Japan.

Summer is called Natsu in Japanese. A season characterized by heat and high humidity. As someone who came from a tropical place like Indonesia, I'm used to the heat so it's fine. Bandung - the city I used to live before I got married - is situated in highland and surrounded by mountains. In dry season, the cool wind blows away the scorching heat of the sun and it's dry. But in Japan, summer is really humid. Our bodies are sticky with sweat ( ̄へ ̄) I remember my first summer in Tokyo last year. The heat and humidity was unbearable ()´д`() Even the wind was hot!! I felt as if I had been literally melting down. AC was on, blower was on... But hubby said last year's summer was unusually hotter in comparison to previous ones..

Luckily, now we have moved to Kurayoshi city - a rural city in Tottori prefecture. Our house is surrounded by mountains and greenery (⌒_⌒) Cool breeze alternates with the heat, serving as blower ヽ(^◇^*)/

A View from our window
Koinobori or 鯉幟, Koi-nobori which means "carp streamers". Wind socks which are made of paper or cloth and shaped like carps. Koinobori is flown during the festival of Children called Kodomo no Hi. These ones were flown at one neighbors across from our house.
mountains around our house

No comments:

Post a Comment